July 13, 2020

New Jersey HUD Voucher Program (Section 8)

The New Jersey Housing Choice Voucher Program, also known as New Jersey Section 8, is a federal assistance program administered by the state that helps individuals on a low income with the payment of their rent. New Jersey Section 8 program participants are responsible for finding their own housing and contributing a percentage of their income toward the cost of rent. The Housing Choice Voucher program is then responsible for paying the remaining percentage directly to the participant’s landlord.

New Jersey HUD Voucher Program - Section 8

In order to participate in the program, one must meet the New Jersey Housing Choice Voucher program eligibility requirements. Eligibility is determined based on the annual gross income and size of the household. Generally, the income should not exceed 50% of the median income for the county of desired residence. Median income levels are determined by your local HUD office or housing authority, and are likely to vary by location.

Before you can be approved to participate in the New Jersey Housing Choice Voucher program, your financial information will be examined by your local housing authority. Your bank, employer and other government agencies may be contacted during this process. Note that Section 8 applicants must be U.S. Citizens or fall into a category of specified non-citizens who are eligible for immigration.

If you are eligible for the Housing Choice Voucher program, you will either begin receiving assistance or your name will be placed on a waiting list. How much assistance you receive will be mathematically determined by your local housing authority.

Keep Reading…

To return to the main New Jersey HUD Housing Guide page, click here: New Jersey HUD Housing Guide

Still Have Questions?

If you still have questions about New Jersey HUD Housing that you have not found an answer to, please post your questions in the comment box below and we will do our best to answer your question as quickly as possible. Please note that your comment will be public, so do not post any information that you do not want to be made public.

Stay Informed About New Jersey HUD Housing

To stay informed about all of the latest New Jersey HUD Housing news and to be notified when HUDHousingHandbook.com is updated, subscribe to our HUD Housing Newsletter

Want to Help Spread The Word About HUDHousingHandbook.com?

Tell your friends about HUDHousingHandbook.com using Facebook or Twitter, or one of the other social media sites. Just click one of the handy sharing buttons on this post, or you can find all of our social media contact info here: HUDHousingHandbook.com Social Media Contacts


  1. Helene Naomi farrow says:

    Hi,my name is Helene Naomi Farrow.I was at a program called project live.I was with project live for almost 6 years from September 1st 2002-February 1st 2011.I apply for H.U.D in 2010-2011.I had made a bet with Bill Hartnett and I had gotten it like that.I had filled out the form for my roommates for project live for supportive housing for project live and then I would evevtually move in with my boyfriend for almost a year.The two places that I’m suppose to live at was in Wayne,New jersey for the roommates and me,my boyfriend and kids in Monatogue,New Jersey.I’m was wondering how long will this take before I actually move to project live supporting housing.I might need amediate assistance because I’m living at now is no good because certain standards,rules regulation, obligations they have and I’m not feeling them period.My boyfriend’s address is:
    Tyrese Darnell Gibson
    15260 Ventura Blvd.ste2100
    Sherman Oaks,california 91048-5305
    email address:TyreseGibson@hotmail.com I would like for you to give an application for H.U.D to my boyfriend I don’t know his phone number because I’m very unsure on if he already got the application are not because my mother has to fill out a section,he has to fill out a section and my doctor(Stephen Kerenski)has to fill out a section as well.Are you can Contact are call me my Phone#and addree is:
    Helene Naomi Farrow
    353 Vose Avenue
    South Orange,N.J,07079.
    Phone#(973)762-0686 My mother’s address and email is:
    Karen Melodie Boyd
    871 Macarthur Dr.
    email address:KarenBoyd@hotmail.com
    These are my goals:I’m planning to get enrolled and fill out applcations on my schools I applied for 2001 so that I could farther my career,to start my career a couple of months after graduation,to marry my boyfriend and to travel the world&go on vacation with my boyfriend&to have H.U.D permanently until me and my boyfriend dies another things I want is to reunite with my friends high school,college and from when I started my career in the 90′s to reunite with them to my friends from there too.I hope I leave by August all before my birthday which is October 31st.When I do leave for project Live are H.U.D I would like for you to write are call supportive housing consenlor for when I do get excepted:Her name is:
    Paulette Talmadge
    Collaborative Support Programs of New Jersey-Community Enterprises Corporation
    4 Brighton Rd ste 206
    Phone#(973)340-4236 I need a 30 day notice before I leave so that I could get security back so that I could move in with H.U.D and Project Live supportive housing.They need a letter saying that I would be a part of H.U.D and Project Live supportive housing.I would like to fill out the application as soon as possible so that I can leave as soon possible before my 31st birthday thank you for your cooperation:Sincerly:Helene Naomi Farrow Talk to you later are as soon as possible

    • Helene Naomi farrow says:

      Thank you for getting my message about H.U.D&Project Live supporting housing.I appreciate doing business with you.Thank you for reading my email to you.

  2. konstantin says:

    I am currently on permanent disability and need help paying my rent. I live in Middlesex county.
    Is there a number I can call to get more info.

Speak Your Mind